“The Oxford Yurt provides the most beautiful backdrop for your celebration; step inside our sanctuary and feel the weight lift off your shoulders!
rganising a hen party can be a tricky task, trying to come up with agendas, activities and budgets to suit everyone… never mind hoping to impress!
At The Oxford Yurt, we strive to help you achieve your wishes, while using our expertise to ensure a truly memorable weekend. This extends from planning of the party to your time here.
Fun for all. In Uffington’s rolling hills we are afforded a place to just ‘be’ whether sat outside in the wildflower meadow or around the campfire… that said, if your’re after something livelier there’s space for you to have fun… conjuring up cocktails at your own bar, rooting through your vintage wardrobe… and perhaps all before an ‘old school’ sports day.
Our eco-friendly/sustainable ethos is at the core of everything we do/offer, but worry not, there are no composting loos in sight and all your creature comforts are met, and often exceeded.
Cooking for you. Our onsite kitchen ‘The Hub & Hob’ is central to the site. Your hosts Sarah and Michelle, both trained nutritionists, cook everything from scratch on the day using fresh organic produce grown metres from the site.
We have needed to simplify our catering on offer for 2021 (outlined below) but have teamed up with The Red Cabin a mobile retro caravan that will be pitching up at the site on the Friday and Saturday evenings… what could be more perfect!! Please see further details below.
Our Mission. We don’t see why you have to compromise health and fun and neither have our past guests. Let your hair down but embrace the peace and beauty of the site, and we have no doubt you will return home smiling, invigorated and better connected to each other, and in our experience to nature, having indulged in bags of fresh air, creative home cooking and vast open blue skies for the weekend.
Bed & Brunch for 2 nights: (arrive Friday from 3pm and depart Sunday by 1.30pm) @ £220 per person
2 x delicious brunches –
- Saturday breakfast hamper for you to prepare and cook
- Sunday – a relaxing brunch served from the ‘Hub & Hob’ our quirky field kitchen area (weather dependent)
See our breakfast menus here and suggestions below for lunch/supper options (not included in package price)
Free to You: Equipment bag for ‘Old School’ Sports Games (hessian sacks, three-legged race ties, cones, tug of war rope), Yoga Mats, croquet and lots lots more
Saturday Entertainment add-ons: see our entertainment page for more details
Campfire for both nights (weather permitting). Staff are on site during the entirety of your stay and will be at hand to give instruction on building a campfire. Marshmallows and percussion instruments provided!
Lunch & Dinner Options
Your own huts have a fully stocked kitchen but they are small, so if you are a large group (over 12) we advise that you keep things as simple as possible and use the below suggestions for other catering options:
- Friday dinner – Book with The Red Cabin, this cool converted retro caravan comes to the site, its the perfect kick-start to your celebration… its fun, its creative, its local and they use fresh seasonal produce from our neigbouring business Smart Greens picked minutes before preparing! You need to book direct with them so email or pick or the phone to speak to Michael.
OR bring a pre cook a chilli etc to heat up in your own kitchen. Note there are no ovens in your kitchens, so don’t bring pizzas to cook!
- Saturday lunch – Either walk to our nearest village pub The Woodman Inn OR for smaller groups, a 3 mile drive and you have the mystical White Horse Hill to climb and take in the best views of Oxfordshire. If you choose to do this then the better stop for lunch is The White Horse pub before returning to the site.
If you decide to stay on site then why not have a decadent afternoon tea delivered from Buscot Tea Rooms, we have all the vintage crockery to put this traditional English affair together!
- Saturday dinner – Suggestions: The Red Cabin, McIntosh Nosh (delivers), Caprinos Pizza (delivers) or Harbour Fish n Chips (need to collect).
Please click here to take you to ‘The Camps’ page for details of each camp and what’s provided