Our Terms & Conditions
2021 Cancellations relating to Covid 19
Due to the business only operating for 4 months of the year and at weekends only we have to protect the business this year. Therefore any bookings made for 2021 will therefore need to take this risk on board. We do hope you understand this difficult predicament but will always try and offer you a rebooking where possible.
In the event that the Government imposes restrictions that result in your booking not going ahead as planned we are this year unable to make deposit refunds. If the balance of your stay has not been paid and a lockdown is imposed over the date of your stay then the balance will not be payable.
If individuals within the group have been asked to self-isolate or quarantine again refunds will not be possible for the deposit and balance.
Cancellations outside of Covid Reasons
The following charges will apply for cancellations:
Due to the nature of our core business being Hen Parties (as well as operating for only 4 months of the year) with bookings mostly made a year or more in advance we have to implement a strict cancellation policy (as we are unlikely to rebook the place if cancelled 3 months or less before the date booked). So the following applies:
- 5-4 months prior to booking your date = 70% due
- 4-3 months prior to your booking date = 80% due
- 3 months or less prior to your booking = 100% due
Single Person Cancellation
The cost of the minimum number of people required to book each venue always has to be met regardless of dropouts. However, for cancellations outside of the minimum number we will refund the balance only (not the deposit) if notified 8 weeks or more before your booking date.
Cancellation by The Oxford Yurt
Force Majeure: in the event that we have to cancel your booking due to circumstances out of our control, such as, but not limited to extreme weather conditions war, terrorism, riots or civil unrest, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, epidemics, health risks. You will be offered the opportunity to reschedule your stay, or be refunded the booking fee net your non-refundable deposit. Please also note that we cannot be held responsible for refunds or expenses that you incur in the event that we are prevented from fulfilling your booking as a result of circumstances beyond our control. The Oxford Yurt reserves the right to cancel a booking at short notice, if we are unable to provide safe accommodation due to extreme weather.
Refundable Damage Deposit
A refundable damage deposit of £300 per camp hired is taken and refunded within the week after your departure and will take into consideration the following;
- Strictly no amplified music. We are an outside venue and a strict noise policy for consideration of all other guests on site as well as to our neighbours living nearby. All music is to be off by 11.30pm and thereafter noise to be kept to a minimum.
- To take good care of the hired camp and the flora and fauna of the site during their stay, leaving their camp as they found it. Any excessive cleaning needed due to inconsiderate use of glitter etc will be taken into account.
- Please ensure that all recycling has been placed in the recycling centre and rubbish has been removed from your camp and placed in the same area.
Please Note: We want you to have fun, drink and be merry but not drunk. There are many risks on site and staff with be on site 24hrs to help keep you safe but if any guest behaves inappropriately or improperly, or illegally, the owner reserves the right to ask the guest and their party (at their discretion) to leave the property before the end of their stay.
Arrival & Departure – for our weekend package stays
- Guests arriving on the Friday can check in from 3pm.
- Guests arriving on the Saturday can arrive from 10.30am.
- Check out time for everyone on Sunday is 1.30pm.
- Arriving at The Oxford Yurt in daylight is always preferable so that we can show you around your accommodation and show you how everything works.
- Day visitors; We do permit visitors during your stay but limited to two day visitors per booking. There is a charge of £75 per person for entry onto the site from 10.30am to 9pm (Saturday only). We will need their contact details (as with everyone else in your group) prior to their arrival on site
- Entertainment/Activities: Strictly all entertainment/activities are to be booked through The Oxford Yurt.
- Caterers: No outside caterers are to be brought on site. We have good list of recommended and local caterers that we use which can be seen with links to their website on our Packages/Prices page.
- Insurance & Liability; The Oxford Yurt cannot be held liable for any loss or damage to guests’ property whilst staying with us. We recommend that you have adequate insurance for your booking with us.
- Additional Décor; We operate a minimal waste policy so please be mindful of the additional gifts/decorations you bring, please refer to our ‘Info Pack’ for further details (sent to the organiser nearer the time of your stay).
- Inventory / Damage; Please report any breakages when they occur. The Yurts and facilities should be left in the same condition as they were found.
- No Dogs; we do not allow dogs on site
- Fires; should only be lit in the designated fire pits and from 6pm only. We provide you with firewood.