“The Oxford Yurt provides the most beautiful backdrop for your celebration; you can’t help but smile as soon as you step into the site”
rganising a hen party can be a tricky task, trying to come up with agendas, activities and budgets to suit everyone… never mind hoping to impress!
At The Oxford Yurt, we strive to help you achieve your wishes, while using our expertise to ensure a truly memorable weekend. This extends from planning of the party to your time here.
Fun for all. In Uffington’s rolling hills we are afforded a place to just ‘be’… either sat outside in the wildflower meadow or around the campfire… that said, if your’re after something livelier there’s space for you to have fun – making cocktails in your own bar, while catching up and having a giggle rooting through your vintage wardrobe… and perhaps all before an ‘old school’ sports day.
Our eco-friendly/sustainable ethos is at the core of everything we do/offer, but worry not, there are no composting loos in sight and all your creature comforts are met, and often exceeded.
Cooking for you. Our onsite vegetarian street food ‘The Hub & Hob’ is central to the site. Your hosts Sarah and Michelle, both trained nutritionists, cook everything from scratch on the day using fresh organic produce grown metres from the site. For our 2021 package currently on offer (outlined below) we have simplified the catering on offer but are happy to help guide you with planning your other meals during your stay whether on or off site.
Our Mission. We don’t see why you have to compromise health and fun and neither have our past guests. Let your hair down but embrace the natural therapeutic ambience of the site, and we have no doubt you will return home smiling, invigorated and better connected to each other, and in our experience to nature, having indulged in bags of fresh air, creative home cooking and vast open blue skies for the weekend.
Bed & Brunch for 2 nights: (arrive Friday from 3pm and depart Sunday by 1.30pm) @ £220 per person
2 x delicious brunches –
- Saturday breakfast hamper for you to prepare and cook
- Sunday – a relaxing brunch served from the ‘Hub & Hob’ our quirky field kitchen area (weather dependent)
See our breakfast menus here and suggestions below for lunch/supper options (not included in package price)
Free to You: Equipment bag for ‘Old School’ Sports Games (hessian sacks, three-legged race ties, cones, tug of war rope), Yoga Mats, croquet and lots lots more
Saturday Entertainment add-ons: see our entertainment page for more details
Campfire Time for both nights. Staff are on site during the entirety of your stay and will be at hand to give instruction on building a campfire. Marshmallows and percussion instruments provided!
Lunch & Dinner Options/Suggestions
- Friday dinner – We recommend you don’t venture off site to eat but either organise a takeaway delivery to the site or pre cook a chilli etc to heat up. Instruction will be given on lighting your fires and keeping them alight (!) and it’s all about unwinding from the week and enjoying/adjusting to your new surroundings.
- Saturday lunch – Either walk to our nearest village pub The Woodman Inn OR for smaller groups, a 3 mile drive and you have the mystical White Horse Hill to climb and take in the best views of Oxfordshire. If you choose to do this then the better stop for lunch is The White Horse pub before returning to the site.
- Saturday dinner – Organise Takeaway delivery, Pub supper or BBQ
Please click here to take you to ‘The Camps’ page for details of each camp and what’s provided